Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cursor freeze update update

Again, not a cursor freeze any more, but I need to be consistent in my inconsistency.

After a couple of days of no wireless access from my home desktop computer, I bit the bullet today and bought a Linksys Compact Wireless G USB Adapter (model WUSB54GC) to replace the ZyXEL adapter that I've been using ever since Verizon broadband was installed in the house.

The good news is that the new wireless adapter is set up and working properly. The very fact that you're reading this indicates that.

The bad news is that my CPU utilization is rotating between 4%, 38%, and 68%; in one instance on one of my user accounts, CPU utilization was zooming to 90%.

I've been through this one time before, finding that I had to disable Adobe Photo Downloader in Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 to keep navapsvc.exe (part of my Norton antivirus program) from eating up all the CPU cycles in my computer.

So now I have to see what could possibly be interfering with wusb54gc.exe.

This should be fun.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus