Wednesday, March 28, 2007

MSN Photos Server photoemailfix.hta - an unofficial acknowledgement

Remember when I said that the photoemailfix.hta fix that fixes the "MSN Photos Server is currently unavailable" problem was NOT officially acknowledged by Microsoft? Well, I eventually found this.

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.dialup
From: Chris Burroughs [MSFT]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:48:02 -0800
Local: Tues, Dec 12 2006 9:48 am
Subject: RE: photo share server

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response. This problem was caused by a bug in our
software that occurs on some machines and not others. We have released a
script that will fix the problem. Simply point your browser to

http://autoupdate.msn.com/photoemailfix.hta

And photo mail will begin working.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

"nlahey" wrote:
> For a few days now I'm unable to send photos via photo share. They get stuck
> in the outbox. I get a message to the effect that the photo share server is
> UNAVAILABLE. I've been with Verizon online support. They were unable to
> rectify the problem. They have forwarded my 'ticket' to Microsoft. Could be
> days before I get a response. Any ideas?


I guess that's better than nothing.

photoemailfix.hta

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: