Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Who would have thought that the Mindy McCready story would have ended up HERE?

I have a history with Mindy McCready.

No, not THAT kind of history.

I can't remember when or where, but I joined a Mindy McCready group years and years ago. Back then, the tale was that Mindy was a good girl who liked to get a little risque now and then, but nothing serious.

But by the time I started to write the Ontario Empoblog, the story began to unravel. By August 10, 2004, I was blogging about her arrest for OxyContin prescription fraud. I followed up on August 16 and August 29, and subsequently (February 4, 2005) reported on McCready's plea and community service.

By May 6, 2005, McCready had been arrested again, and charged with drunken driving.

Then the story started to get weird.

By May 13, there were reports that her ex-boyfriend had attacked her so severely that words such as "attempted criminal homicide" were being bandied about.

A couple of months later, the police blotter in Arizona lit up, as McCready was charged with various obstruction charges, even though her lawyer claimed McCready was helping authorities in a sting operation.

By July 21, 2006, she was testifying about her May drunk driving arrest.

Yes, she kept on popping up. Dana Franks tweeted:

Mindy McCready was the bane of the newsroom while I was at WKRN. Every time we thought she was done being crazy, she'd do something else.

After July 2006, I hadn't mentioned McCready in any of my blogs (well, with one exception) - until now.

I never expected that Mindy McCready and Roger Clemens would end up in the same story, but they did.

Mindy McCready has spent the last several years in and out of jail but is now ready to revive her career and start singing again. As she embarks on a comeback, news has hit the media that she and baseball great Roger Clemens carried on a 10 year affair which started when she was just 15 years old and he was married with two children.

If true - and I thought I heard that McCready was not denying the claims, although Clemens is - it could account for the subsequent instability in her life.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus