Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I won't believe the Brett Favre retirement story until Twitter confirms it

I was driving to work today and heard KFI report that Brett Favre was going to announce his retirement. I then switched to KLAC, which was reporting the same thing.

But, as of right now, we haven't heard from Brett Favre yet.

But I'm waiting. I get messages from Brett Favre all the time. Or maybe I don't.

There is a Twitter account with the Twitter name @brettfavre at http://twitter.com/brettfavre. Frankly, I have no idea whether it's really Brett Favre or not. Whoever's writing it, the account posts tweets every once in a while commenting on this or that.

The most recent tweet, posted about 17 hours ago, reads as follows:

Has your employer ever written about your (premature) retirement in the company newsletter?

Of course, I haven't gone to my employer every spring for the last several years, saying "I don't know if I'm coming back later in the year or not."

Well, if this truly is Brett Favre, then Twitter will give him something to do. Perhaps he can critique the Super Bowl ads like the rest of us.

But we won't be seeing any more tweets like this:

Offday agenda: read a book, watch movies, fly to cabo? No, 7 hours of film study, 2 hours in training room.

01:04 PM January 15, 2008 from web


Touché.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: