Saturday, February 23, 2008

Gizmo Stuffs

There are gizmo stuffs about.

Blogger Buzz talked about GrandCentral, which is available to Blogger bloggers because it lets you receive calls and post voicemail with your blog. Basically, the WebCall button lets people call you from your website or blog while keeping your number private. At this point I don't have a practical use for this service, but I'll keep it in mind; perhaps it would be good to have a permanent voice contact point; after all, my cell phone number doesn't belong to me, but to my employer. If you're using GrandCentral, let me know what you think about it.

Meanwhile, BlogTalkRadio has a new, easy to use podcasting service which Robert Scoble raved about:

I love the new BlogTalkRadio. Why? I just call a phone number, +1-646-200-0000, (you can call it too). I record a conversation with my cell phone, and then it builds an RSS feed that points to MP3’s of my conversation. What’s the URL? It is my cell phone’s phone number. No need to sign up. No need to give personal details....

Well, except for your cell phone's phone number - which doesn't belong to me, but to my employer.

I guess I can't call BlogTalkRadio from GrandCentral.

But what if I wanted to podcast about a really nasty breakup, or wanted to block calls from my ex or leave a very special message? Well, I can leave a very special message the old fashioned way - on a Web page. Nicole Ferraro at Internet Evolution talked about some services which were referred to as "the opposite of online dating." One is called Relationship Obituary. The other is called Don't Date Him Girl. I think both are fairly self-explanatory.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: