Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Now she's a FREAK

I bought the book Freakonomics a year or two ago, and I read through it, and I enjoyed it, but I didn't pick it up again - primarily because every chapter started with a note about how wonderful Steve Levitt the Freakonomics guy was.

So I hadn't really paid attention to him until Dreadnaught ran this.

Female residents of The Second City have a tremendous occupational opportunity, with earnings of up to $20,000 per year. The job: prostitution. This according to a recent paper by Professor Steve Levitt, the coauthor of Freakonomics. The paper details the economics of prostitution in Chicago.

Yojoe presents a couple of quotes from Levitt. Here's one of them.

"a prostitute is more likely to have sex with a police officer than to get officially arrested by one."

It's a weird, weird world.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: