Wednesday, December 19, 2007

mrontemp post 1445 - how a song gets stuck in my head

I was reading Scott Beale's blog and noticed that he referenced two parody videos that appropriated the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start the Fire" (kind of the '80s version of "American Pie," if you ask me).

Anyway, Scott mentioned JibJab's review of 2007, as well as that Richter Scales video that resulted in that unfortunate Lane Hartwell episode, which I probably would have discussed if I weren't so busy trying to dig into Marianne Maestas' brain.

So old Billy Joel pops up in this blog - again. The last time that he appeared was when I mentioned Billy Joel's introduction of Larry Ellison at Oracle OpenWorld 2007.

The other mentions had to do with my tendency to confuse Billy Joel and Billy Idol, so they don't count.

So, in recognition of this promotion of Billy Joel, I gave Scott Beale a Tweetgift. And we know what happened after that.

So I got to thinking about Oracle OpenWorld 2007 again, and my reaction to seeing Billy Joel on TV (I was watching Ellison's keynote from a separate location). Frankly, I wasn't exactly overwhelmed. In fact, my loss of the admission bracelet to Joel's concert during Oracle OpenWorld didn't worry me in the least, since I wasn't really interested in seeing Joel. Or Fleetwood/Nicks.

In fact, there's only one thing that I regret missing at Oracle OpenWorld. And that's why I have a new song stuck in my head right now.



(English Beat, "Mirror in the Bathroom.")

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: