Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I have fun with titles, but I could have had much more fun

If you want Larry Ellison news, skip this post. This is one of my infrequent posts on the "audio artist" thingie.

Since I quit releasing stuff on mp3.com (when they changed their business model), I've confined myself to posting MIDI collections for my personal enjoyment (and probably the enjoyment of very few others).

When I was coming up with the title to the faster-paced and technologically superior successor to the "Reflective" collection, I had a few ideas:

free ringtones unjustly imprisoned by the fascist regime
free ringtones before arnold executes them


(I've written about fascists and an Arnold execution before.)

In the end, I settled on "Vibrant" for the new name. (You know why.)

Considering everything, I should have stuck with my original ideas.

P.S. Before I forget the so-called intricacies of that thing that's supposed to be my brain, here's how I came up with the titles "Maybe Lean (Chuck)" and "Maybe Lean (Barry)". I'm forced to admit that the song is a kinda sort of mashup of the Cure's song "A Forest" and Bush's song "Glycerine." "Maybellene" sounds like "Glycerine," and is of course a Chuck Berry song. I knew that I was going to create two versions of the song, a slow one and a fast one, and I chose to name the fast one "Barry" because Petros Papadakis is so loud when he does his Barry's Tickets commercials.

P.P.S. The fact that "Maybe Lean (Chuck)" could refer to meat is a happy accident - or perhaps it's subliminal. (Dreaming of Meat? Nah.)

P.P.P.S. I blew it. I could have thrown "Unchained Melody" and "Dying, Dying, and Yet in Death Alive" (this is what I...oh, forget it) into this song, and I forgot to do so. Now I'll have to come up with the Professor Peter Schickele/Everly Brothers version.

[HAD TO REMOVE DIRECT LINKS TO MIDI FILES. YOU CAN THANK TRIPOD FOR SPARING YOUR EARS.]

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: