Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rebecca Nesler Visits the Ontario Emperor Blog Empire

Or at least the older version of it.

Back in 2005, I entitled a blog post "The Other Nesler." Sourced from a Union Democrat story, it talks about Rebecca (Becky) Nesler, daughter of Ellie and sister of William (Willy).

At the end of the post, I wrote the following:

I purposely entitled this post "The Other Nesler" rather than "The Good Nesler." Not knowing any of the three of them, I can't make a value judgment and say that Ellie and Willy are "bad" and Becky is "good." While acknowledging that Ellie and Willy have done bad things, who am I to value one over the other? And, as a parent, I wonder if I would have done what Ellie did....

On June 5, 2007, the following comment was posted:

Thank you for NOT judging someone you don't know! You have a rare look on things, which MANY people lack...

posted by Rebecca Nesler


Becky must have caught me on a lucky day, because I often am quick to judge. But in appropriate moments I remember that none of us (except for perhaps Enoch) can claim perfection, so I can't crow about not murdering anyone. Perhaps in my inactions I have murdered someone.

rebeccanesler

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: