Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dinosaurs

Robert X. Cringely (not to be confused with Robert X. Cringely) has posted a formal response to his previous post, which elicited a lot of comments.

[S]ome Cringesters told me to stick to technology and leave religion and politics alone. I think IT touches everything, and it especially touches science and education, which is what we're really talking about. If the notion that Adam and Eve rode into town on the backs of brachiosaurs doesn't make you chuckle, I think it's time to adjust the medication....

Our next philosophical question: If a man speaks in a forest and his spouse isn't there to hear him, is he still wrong?


I began to wonder about Charles Darwin's theism, and found this statement (among many):

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble to us; and I for one must be content to remain an Agnostic.

Perhaps I'll return to his other points later, but it's interesting to note that Darwin himself could not conclusively state HOW the world began.

Spoken like a true scientist...still observing.

charlesdarwin

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: