Saturday, April 14, 2007

I continue my association with presidents, sort of

In 1977 or 1978, I met my first U.S. President. Ex-President Gerald Ford was appearing at a campaign rally in Virginia (it might have been for John Dalton, but I don't remember exactly), along with Bob Dole ("Bob Dole") and other political types. I shook my hand, but he didn't solicit my opinions on the Panama Canal or anything like that.

Now it's nearly thirty years later, and I'll be sharing a stage with a President this week. Well, we won't be on the stage on the same day. Here's what's currently appearing at the Bridges Auditorium web site:

President William Jefferson Clinton

William Jefferson Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, will speak at Bridges Auditorium on Sunday, April 15, as a guest of Claremont McKenna College. The presentation will begin at 4:30 p.m. The event is free but tickets are required. Due to strong interest from the Claremont McKenna community, lecture seating is limited to CMC students, faculty, staff, and invited guests. The public is invited to hear Mr. Clinton's lecture in a live remote broadcast at two locations on the CMC campus: Mary Pickford Auditorium and The Forum at the Bauer Center. Tickets are not required for the remote broadcasts; however, seating is on a first-come basis.

CHILDREN’S THEATRE EXPERIENCE

Children’s Theatre Experience will present “The Wizard of Oz” on Saturday, April 21 st at 2PM. For information regarding the school performances, please call (800) 514 2787. Tickets for the public show are $20 for adults and $18 for children 12 and under. Every patron must have a ticket regardless of age. The Bridges Auditorium box office Monday thru Friday from 10am to 4pm. To be transferred to the box office press 1 now. The box office will also be open to sell tickets 2 hours prior on the days of performances. We accept VISA, MC AMX and cash. To be transferred to the box office, press 1 now.


I actually know someone who works in the box office. If she's wearing a "1" the next time I see her, should I press it?

Incidentally, for those of you who are following my acting career, I will not have a speaking role in this production. I'll be the Ozian in the green...wait, ALL the Ozians are wearing green.

billclinton childrenstheatreexperience

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: