Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Election food? That's cold. So cold that I use the F word.

My good Twitter friend BaskinRobbins has informed me of something new they're brewing - I mean freezing. Here's the announcement:

Can an ice cream flavor run-off predict America's 2008 political candidate of choice? The only way to know is to vote!

Cast your vote to boost your favorite flavor to the top of the polls. We'll tally the votes before November's election to see if America's Ice Cream tastes match up with their political preferences.

Just like the Presidential election, you can only vote once!


Here are the voting choices open to you:

Straight Talk Crunch: Caramel ribbon, chocolate pieces, candy red states and crunchy mixed nuts swirled into White Chocolate ice cream.

Whirl of Change: Peanut-Nougat ice cream whirled with chunks of chocolate-covered peanut brittle and a caramel ribbon.


Nice. Two choices.

Only two choices.

And I think you know how I feel about that.

So, here's the word that I'm using to describe Baskin Robbins' promotion. It is a word that I have never used before in this context - in fact I've actively resisted its use - but now that it's been out there for a while, I guess it's OK for my non-trendy self to use the word.

Baskin Robbins' election promotion?

FAIL.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus