Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Feel For You - A Horse With No Name

Well, that really puts my bent glasses into perspective.

Sharon Cobb wrote a post very early on Thursday morning.

Her post, as originally written, read as follows:

I have a very stressful morning. I mean, really stressful. I mean, beyond any normal stress.

So tell me something good and nice, and most of all, how much you love me in the comment section!


Even in the midst of whatever was going on with her at the time, she was still able to sneak a Rufus reference into her post.

Well, the post did elicit some kind words for Sharon, which was something good. Especially after she said why she was soliciting the good wishes:

I didn't write I was having a biopsy of a lymph node to see if it's lymphoma until I knew a little more.

See the rest of her update here.

My Blind Vision post was not the first time that I had referenced Sharon Cobb. My first reference to Cobb in this blog was on March 5. This happened to be a political post regarding Hillary Clinton. Sharon and I don't necessarily agree politically, but it appears that we agree on Hillary Clinton. (And, for the record, my prediction in this post that the Democratic fight would last until convention time was wrong.)

But I only tangentially referred to Cobb's writings on Eight Belles. In this post, I linked to a Sharon Cobb post. However, I didn't quote from it. Here's part of what she said:

I've decided horse racing is cruel and should either be banned, or better laws in place to protect horses from fatal injuries.

I grew up in El Paso, Texas, and as a teenager, I frequently went to horse and dog races in Juarez, Mexico and at Sunland Park. I always thought these animals were taken care of better than other horses and dogs. I was wrong.


Be sure to check the comments, which take pro and con views regarding PETA's suggestions for the horse racing industry.

But I haven't even discussed (though I've referenced) Cobb's latest discussion (on Monday) about horse racing:

A recent Associated Press survey found that thoroughbred racetracks in the U.S. reported more than three horse deaths a day last year and 5,000 since 2003, and the vast majority were put down after suffering devastating injuries on the track....

This has to stop.


More here.

[1] [2]

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus