Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Andy C, I need to broaden my musical horizons

Digging in a Habari Sandpit has characterized my musical taste as "unbelievably varied."

Perhaps it's not varied enough.

I found this at Independent Sources.

It's a version of "Sweet Home Alabama."

By the Red Army Choir.

Enjoy.



Independent Sources got it from To the Point:

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, the Soviet Red Army had an official choir composed of male soldiers and musicians. It still exists. The Red Army Choir performs throughout Russia to this day.

Now consider the Finnish rock band called The Leningrad Cowboys. A little while ago, they held a concert in Russia, in which - to the screaming applause of Russkie teen-agers - they got the Red Army Choir to join them on stage for a performance of "Sweet Home Alabama."


Isn't it great when Finns and Russians can join together in singing a song that denounces a Canadian (Neil Young).

P.S. I still have to re-address the "Total Devo" thing. But I did talk about "Disco Dancer" back in 2006.

P.P.S. Alannah Myles video interview can be found here.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus