Monday, April 21, 2008

When a baby seal clubber gets politically correct

I don't believe I just said that. This is like Ronald Reagan getting divorced, or Rush Limbaugh taking drugs - things that you don't expect to happen.

I just cited Earth Day when turning away a solicitor.

Yes, just a few hours after my Michael Moore rant on FriendFeed, I got a phone call from someone offering a free subscription to a technical magazine. He asked, "You would like to receive [magazine], wouldn't you?"

I replied, "No."

After misprouncing my last name, the solicitor continued, "But you realize that the subscription to [magazine] is a free subscription."

Then I found myself saying, "I'm getting too many magazines as it is, and on the day before Earth Day would you really want to do that?"

Then I just sat there, amazed at what I had just said.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to buy some carbon credits.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus