Friday, February 29, 2008

We got the power!

I have somewhat de-fanned myself from Major League Baseball over the last several years, ever since 1998, when the brilliant geniuses at Fox dumped Bill Russell, Mike Piazza, and Hideo Nomo from the Dodgers in a short span of time. (And yes, I know the Angels are pretty much the new Dodgers, but I can't stand the designated hitter rule.)

If I'm hard-pressed to say who my favorite baseball team is, I usually respond by mentioning the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.

(Yes, we drink our earthquakes; we drink them up. The team plays in the "Epicenter," and their mascots are named "Tremor" and "Aftershock.")

So it was with interest that I read this item on the Ontario Chamber of Commerce blog.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA- The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes have announced that their Flagship Radio station will be KSPA 1510am for the upcoming 2008 season

KSPA 1510am will air all 140 Quakes regular season games and will have “on-air” ticket giveaways and will keep Quakes fans abreast of upcoming games at the Epicenter. The Quakes will also be simulcast on the internet at www.rcquakes.com, and www.milb.com.

KSPA has solid listeners in the Inland Empire, but the signal reaches deep into Orange County as well. They have been the home to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and currently have USC Trojans and San Diego Chargers football broadcasts in the fall.


This is definitely good news, since AM 1510 is a powerful radio station that reaches into Orange County, where I work. Hopefully it will be a good season.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: