Monday, January 21, 2008

Who needs CNN news alerts?

I just read the Twitterfeed for tweets such as this one from @skell:

Just heard about the plane collision in Corona. Crazy!

This is significant to me because Corona is not a beer, but a city not too far from my own. (Coincidentally, there is a freeway - California State Route 71 - that can take you from the site of the old Burnley Airport to Corona and its own airport.)

So I searched:

Two private planes flying about a mile from an airport collided Sunday, killing five people and raining debris down on car dealerships below, authorities said.

Two people were killed from each plane, and the fifth was inside a Chevy dealership that was hit by wreckage, said Wayne Pollack of the National Transportation Safety Board.

The small Cessnas collided at 3:35 p.m. near the small Corona Municipal airport and a freeway in Riverside County, about 45 miles southeast of Los Angeles, FAA spokesman Allen Kenitzer said.


As it turns out, I haven't watched any local news today, and the only time I watched live TV was when I was watching the football game. So I didn't know about this until someone in my Twitterverse tweeted about it.

The ways we get information...

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: