Monday, January 21, 2008

On John Stewart

I don't learn all of my news from Twitter.

Some of my news is stuff I pick up from my Google Reader feeds.

David Allen:

I was stunned this morning to learn that singer-songwriter John Stewart, whom I interviewed in November for a column, had died unexpectedly of a massive stroke....

I enjoyed speaking with him about "Daydream Believer," the purpose of our phone chat. I told him I'd like to talk to him again at county fair time about his song "Back in Pomona," as it's about his experiences helping his dad, a horse trainer.


Well, in my ignorance, I didn't know about John Stewart's role as the writer of the Monkees' hit "Daydream Believer", nor did I know about his place in history as a member of the Kingstone Trio. I just knew that Stewart sang that song. And I don't mean "Year of the Cat."

(embedding disabled by request - go here)

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: