Sunday, December 16, 2007

Stove Top, 16 December 2007

The hits, they just keep a'piling up. I can't quite go to NUMBER 40, but let's pretend that I can.

A long distance dedication goes out to Al Gore, Apostle of Gaia. I received this letter (For my younger readers: In the 1970s, a "letter" was something that was written on paper using something called a "pen". People used to send "letters" through something called "mail," but this mail didn't have an at sign in it. Instead, you wrote out something called an "address." It would take days to "mail" something. But I digress. Let's start again.)

I received this letter from Fabio Capello, who writes:

Dear Ontey,

I'm an Italian who is currently moving to England, but I was unable to see Al Gore when he was recently in Scandinavia. I really wanted to go see him when he was in Europe, but I couldn't. I share Google Reader feeds with him, but it's just not the same. We can't meet in China, we can't go visit a local business together, and we can't even watch a Chuck Norris movie together. I want to send him some steroids to keep him strong, but that may not be a good idea. I'm so worried that I don't talk to anybody any more.

Ontey, I need you to play a song for me. I know that my friend listens to your countdown in hopes that you'll play the Grateful Dead. But instead of the Grateful Dead, I'd like you to play a special song, Ontey. One from Fabio to his friend Al. Ontey, please play this Carly Comando song.




[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: