Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finlandia Trophy 2007

I ended up starring a lot of in-progress results about the Finlandia Trophy 2007 competition, but here's how it ended:

The womens free skate ended up being a thriller at Finlandia Trophy. Only 15 year old Jenni Vähämaa moved up from the 6th place to the victory. Finlandia Trophy was her first competition at senior level. Vähämaa´s points 163,29 reaches almost the best score ever skated by Finn.

- I haven´t skated even in the practice ever so well than today, says Vähämaa happily.

Susanna Pöykiö won the silver medal with only one point difference to Vähämaa. Pöykiö convinced the judges with a strong new long program.

- I almost broke my record today, but still I couldn´t reach totally the level I wanted. My next goal is to work with the triple-triple combination, Pöykiö sums up.

The remaining European Champion Carolina Kostner was not able to perform her best today. After many insecure landings in the jumps she placed 3rd.

- I was happy to compete against strong Finnish team. I felt that I am in the Finnish Champhionships, laughs Kostner.

Laura Lepistö started her program with a triple triple toeloop combination. The great start could not lead through the whole program, so she ended up in the 4th place.

After great short program yesterday Kiira Korpi lost her good spirit and placed 5th.

- It also started well today, but I feel that I am missing routine in the short, says the European Champion bronze medallist who just finished her Matriculation exams.

The fifth Finnish participant Alisa Drei placed 6th.

– I should raise up the level of my program, says disappointed Drei.

Final results, ladies
1. Jenni Vähämaa, FIN 163,29
2. Susanna Pöykiö, FIN 162,26
3. Carolina Kostner, ITA 155,87
4. Laura Lepistö, FIN 152,15
5. Kiira Korpi, FIN 149,71
6. Alisa Drei, FIN 139,30
7. Taylor Firth, USA 138,31
8. Arina Martinova, RUS 132,58
9. Jenna McCorkell, GBR 126,19
10. Annette Dytrt, GER 113,69
11. Viktoria Helgesson, SWE 107,93
12. Valentina Marchei, ITA 106,03
13. Irina Movchan, UKR 102,54
14. Kristin Wieczorek, GER 97,95
15. Malin Hållberg Leuf, SWE 93,99
16. Michele Cantu, MEX 90,45


Let's see Lewis Hamilton perform that well.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: