Monday, August 27, 2007

Home, but not home

So let's say you're Shiri Leventhal, and you've been running all around the world for the Blue Planet Run, and you've even run through Upland, California at 3:00 in the morning when less dedicated people were still asleep. You've almost run all the way around the world, but your run takes you through Michigan.

Michigan? So what? It's not like it's Sri Lanka or nuthin'.

Actually, it is. After living in hotels and who knows what, Shiri was in her own home.

I can not explain the feeling of waking up in my own room, in my own bed. It was extremely surreal to get up, look outside, see my car parked in the driveway, see my neighbors’ houses, and then get to lay around, watching some TV, cooking some good breakfast, and just RELAXING! The only thing that struck me as slightly odd was that usually when I wake up in my house, the first thought would be, which way do I want to run today. Today, though, since I was running the 9pm shift, that wasn’t really a thought or concern.

Yes, she's running the 9pm run. So after this brief respite of normalcy, she's returning to strange places and hotel rooms.

In some ways this may be the most bizarre part of her journey.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: