Friday, August 31, 2007

BlogDay 2007 - Inge's Blog

This post is a reminder that you don't have to be a card-carrying member of the Republican Party to be devoted to Christian stewardship.

When I read the book of Genesis I read that God gave us the earth to care for it. We were made stewards of the earth. That doesn’t mean we own it, be borrowed it, so it’s nor our property. So we have to be responsible stewards and not destroy the things we borrowed. In the New Testament Jesus tells us the parable of the Talents, which reflects the same philosophy.

So I think I should be a responsible steward of the earth and try to adopt a sustainable lifestyle. It’s not me, myself and I, but I’m part of a bigger whole, like I said earlier. I happen to live in one of the world’s most densely populated countries, The Netherlands.


Inge then talks about "intensive pig farming" (and its resulting maltreatment) and related topics.

The blog itself discusses other topics, such as eco-hysteria, Voyager's view of Earth as a "pale blue dot," a love-hate relationship with a bicycle, and stamp booklets (which apparently still exist in the Netherlands).

[BLOGDAY 2007 TECHNORATI]

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: