Monday, May 21, 2007

Speechless

Annika has said her goodbyes, and I earned a mention - in the sports category.

Sports: Humbug is my baseball muse, and the only blogger ever to give Annika's Journal a square on the periodic table. Besides having his picture in the dictionary under the entry for "blogger," Tony Pierce deserves to be hired by the L.A. Times sports desk, and sit in Jim Murray's chair. Ontario Emperor is the coach I wished I'd had when I was a kid. And Greg Cotharn won the A's J Fantasy Baseball league a few years ago. I owe Greg an apology for never giving him the trophy I promised. I think he's got one of my coffee mugs though!

I'm 99.9999% sure she has me confused with someone else (Rita Moreno of Arteisms do not make for a good coaching career), but I'll pretend like she doesn't.

But I do have to revisit Tony Pierce. Haven't been there in a while. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do it from work; the firewall is blocking access.

P.S. If I start referring to myself as "Coach," you'll know why.

annika

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: