Saturday, May 5, 2007

If I'm gonna revive Moadonna, I might as well revive Rita Moreno of Arte also

I really had high hopes for this:

Angels Owner Announces Official Name Change

01/03/2005 11:07 AM ET

ANAHEIM -- Angels Baseball Monday announced the team owner has changed his official name to Rita Moreno of Arte. This change is effective January 3, 2005.

The inclusion of Rita reflects the original celebrity name recognized by the Hollywood elite in December 1960 and again returns Moreno as Hollywood's representative in the Greater Los Angeles territory that Major League Baseball expects the team to serve.

The Los Angeles region, which is comprised of Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties, is the second largest media market in the country. This name change will strengthen Mr. Moreno's long-term economic health by enhancing the marketability through this metropolitan area and beyond.

To emphasize the name change, Rita Moreno of Arte will appear on Broadway as the female lead in a stage production of "The King and I," produced by former Angels owner Disney.


And I tried:

Yet another visitor from the Best of Blog awards. I have a feeling that the "Los Angeles Angels" will alienate the Orange County people and not do much for the Los Angeles County people or the Taiwanese people or whoever Rita Moreno of Arte is trying to impress.

Posted by Ontario Emperor at January 15, 2005 6:22 PM


Oh I tried:

Don't worry about snapping up those shirts quickly. No matter what Rita Moreno of Arte might do, the Anaheim Angels will live on as a brand. People STILL buy Brooklyn Dodgers stuff.

Posted by: Ontario Emperor at January 4, 2005 09:14 PM


Yes I tried:

By: Ontario Emperor
Monday, May 23, 2005, 11:54:49 AM | Ontario Emperor
I tried to access it and got a “FORBIDDEN” message.

Apparently they heard me rant “I don’t live in Los Angeles,
I live in Ontario” and decided to forbid me from using the site.

If they’ll be that way, then I’ll go to an Anaheim Angels game -
whoops, Rita Moreno of Arte changed the Angels’ name.


You bet I tried:

At 11:24 PM, Ontario Emperor said…

At least you don't have to live in the proximity of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (so named by Rita Moreno of Arte).


Maybe it's time to try again. Heck, they've even renamed my airport (I'll touch on THAT someday, but in that case there's nothing we can do about it).

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: