Saturday, February 10, 2007

MSN Photos Server - the auto-update that caused the problem

One more thing about the problems in MSN Premium using the photo sharing feature - namely, the message "The MSN Photos Server is currently unavailable for sharing your photos online." According to bigskyduck, the update was pushed.

You're not alone in this issue. MSN did a 'behind-the-scenes' update from 9.2 to 9.5 on two of my three computers I have MSN Premium installed on. I can still use the 'Share Photos' function of MSN e-mail on the 9.2 version, but I have the exact problem you described on the two machines with 9.5. I've sent an email to MSN support, but (as usual) have gotten no response.

If this is true, then Microsoft pushed the software out that caused the bug, but isn't publicly publishing the fix. Aggravating.

msnphotosserver

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: