Tuesday, February 13, 2007

May 17, 2003 - Apple is Stupid

Looking for a good review of Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" performance on the May 17, 2003 Saturday Night Live (hosted by Dan Aykroyd), I ran across this comment from Ryan Lorenzo.

I am fast forwarding through the commercials, and I notice the commercial for the IPOD. The new device by Macintosh. It shows people singing some song, and states that you can now get any song you want from applemusic.com for 99 cents a song. Dude, there is so many jokes in this commercial it isn't even funny. I think you might be five years too late Macintosh. Napster, Kazaa, and others have been in the business for years now. I know I know. This is a legal way to download music. If I were to make a commercial parody off this, I would feature a 10-10 220 type theme.

Scene: Alf is singing a song and Mike Piazza is right next to him.

Piazza, "Man, there isn't much you can get for a buck these days."
Alf, "You can get all music for 99 cents a song."
Piazza, "Really?"
Alf (still singing, then stops, and starts banging on his IPOD), "Stupid Macintosh. They always break down."
Piazza, "You should have made a phone call."


Don't know what happened to Ryan, but I know which phone he isn't going to use.

may172003

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: