Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm trying to keep this song stuck in my head

After hearing the song "Los Angeles" on and off for years, I found the lyrics at the Frank Black website.

Turns out the uninteresting middle of the song is more interesting than I thought.

The middle is bracketed by the two slow sections, with nearly identical lyrics. Here's the beginning:

I met a man
He was a good man
Sailing and shoring
Dancing the beta can-can
Making me foreign
Oh yeah


The beginning was (almost) the end (of everything now):

I met a man
He was a good man
Sailing and shoring
He got a betatron man
Talking that foreign
Oh yeah


(Yes, devotees, I'm stuck on it.)

But it turns out that Black was having fun in the middle of the song too - here's an excerpt:

I want to live in Los Angeles
Not the one in Los Angeles
No not the one in South California
They got one in South Patagonia


Yes, we truly have a geography post in this here blog. Check the Wikipedia disambiguation, which references (among other things) Los Angeles, Chile, which was founded in 1739 (making it older than you know where).

frankblack

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: