Saturday, February 10, 2007

Eating my words - overplanning

I have been the substitute teacher in Sunday School, and the topic of attending church while traveling was raised last week. I knew that I would be going to the Las Vegas area this weekend, so I let everyone know that I would definitely attend Grace Lutheran Church in Henderson - and when they saw me in two weeks, they could check and make sure I went there.

Well, guess what? We didn't go to Las Vegas this weekend, so it would be pretty hard to go to Grace Lutheran Church. So I guess this verse is appropriate.

James 4:13-14 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.


So...if it is the Lord's will...I'll have to quote that verse in my home Sunday School tomorrow.

[2 APRIL 2007 UPDATE]

planning

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: