Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Senator Ontario Emperor, revisited #DYSP

In case you missed it, I previously blogged about my unrealistic goal that I set for myself on December 31, 2008:

I want to become a U.S. Senator from Illinois in 2009. (Even though I haven't lived there since 1970, I'm not rich, and I'm a registered Republican.)

As time went on, however, Rod Blagojevich appointee Roland Burris became more and more acceptable both inside the Beltway and inside the Land of Lincoln, I was forced to concede that my chances of realizing my dream were becoming increasingly unlikely.

But that was January. This is February. And now Burris is running into a little bit of trouble. Outsanity tweeted about it this morning:

#Chicago's #Roland #Burris is in hot water. #DYSP

AMERICAblog linked to a Chicago Tribune editorial. Here's an excerpt:

Let’s see if we have it right: Burris had zero contact with any of Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s cronies about his interest in the Senate seat being vacated by President Barack Obama— unless you count that conversation with former chief of staff Lon Monk, and, on further reflection, the ones with insiders John Harris, Doug Scofield and John Wyma and, oh yeah, the governor’s brother and fund-raising chief, Robert Blagojevich. But Burris didn’t raise a single dollar for the now ex-governor as a result of those contacts because that could be construed as a quid pro quo and besides, everyone he asked refused to donate.

The story gets worse with every telling.

Enough. Roland Burris must resign.


So this may work out after all. I'd better start following the Cubs and/or White Sox or something.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus