Sunday, January 25, 2009

Proving the point (David Risley's "How to Never Run Out of Content For Your Blog Again")

I've been a huge fan of Blogger's "scheduled post" feature ever since it was introduced. For example, (almost) every Friday at noon I publish an item called Empoprise-NTN High Noon that features one or more locations where you can play NTN Buzztime trivia.

But that's just part of the equation, as David Risley points out in a January 16, 2009 post, although Risley does it a little differently than I do:

I recommend that you have some posts already written which remain in draft on your blog. If something comes up and you are short on content, you can always publish one of your draft posts you had sitting there....

I would recommend having at least 5 good posts in draft so that you can pull them out when time is tight.


Proving the point, I'm writing this post on the evening of January 21, 2009. I still haven't decided when I'm going to schedule this post yet.

David Risley says some other good things in his post, but hey - I still have to come up with four future posts, don't I?

(Incidentally, the one drawback of scheduling a series of posts in Blogger is that you can't pre-establish links between the posts. In Blogger, the link isn't created until the post is actually published.)

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus