Monday, January 26, 2009

On idea files (more from David Risley)

Remember that David Risley post that I wrote about a few days in the future - I mean yesterday? He offers another good idea in that post - the idea file:

If you’re anything like me, you probably think up good ideas for blog posts all the time – even when you’re not in “writing mode”. The answer is to keep a list of ideas for future posts.

I keep online idea files in all sorts of places, including my ontarioemperor FriendFeed stream, my ego FriendFeed room, and my two Twitter accounts. For example, this entry in my oemperor FriendFeed room served as partial source material for a series of four posts on marketing techniques by three companies.

Of course, I'm not writing national security classified stuff, so I don't see the need to keep my post ideas secret until I write them.

And, for the record, Shel Israel is crowdsourcing a whole danged book before it's published. Here's his latest entry (well, the latest entry at the time that I'm writing this post, which is January 21 - I need to remember to adjust my style for these scheduled posts).

Well, I need to loot one more idea from Risley, and that will give me a third pre-scheduled post, so I'd better get cracking.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus