Monday, December 22, 2008

Tagged again - Six random things about yourself

Clifford at Red Stick Rant tagged me for a meme, but before I even start to look at the meme, I'm announcing up front that I'm not going to tag anyone (although you're welcome to continue this if you like). After all of the unpleasantness that happened when the "eight things" meme infected the Oracle community, some memes are best left broken.

OK, so what did Clifford send my way?

1. Link to the person who tagged you. Check.
2. Post the rules on your blog. Here they are. Check.
3. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. Uncheck.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. N/A.
5. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Check.
6. Write six random things about yourself:


  1. First, I have found that once I am at an area, I am just very very happy to stay there and not move at all. I moved into my current home in 1997 and have no desire to leave, but if I do, and I end up in Olten, Switzerland, I'll probably never want to leave there until I have to move and end up in Barrow, Alaska, and I'll never want to leave - I'll just buy bright lights in the winter.

  2. Second, we didn't get our Christmas tree up until yesterday, and wouldn't have done it except for my daughter who just started dragging it out.

  3. Third, some of you may already know that my employer is selling my division to another company. This transfer may happen next week, or it may not.

  4. Fourth, I did not attend my usual church yesterday. It was still a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod church, but it was a different congregation, a different pastor, and a different type of sermon. I missed my regular pastor, who always makes a great point of having us look at the Bible reading during the sermon itself. This pastor showed a video, and while Charlie Brown is meaningful, it wasn't the same.

  5. Fifth, despite my pseudonym, I have not been to Canada in a few years. Previously I would make fairly frequent business trips to Canada - mostly to Ottawa, but I have also been to Toronto, Montreal, and Orillia. Having not been there in a while, Tim Horton's actually sounds like an exotic place. You may laugh now.

  6. Sixth, my home computer disk is over 90% full. We're working on reducing it.


OK, now that I've typed my random things, I'll see how they compared with Clifford's.

ANTELOPE? But then they can't play any more. Even if they're only 7.62mm tall and you can barely see them playing baseball. Frank Gehry - who?

[I NEVER DID LEARN HOW THE HOWARD ROGERS STORY ENDED. I JUST FOUND THIS, FROM MARCH.]

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus