Monday, December 29, 2008

OK, I'll Myers-Briggs this blog thingie now

I've resisted the urge, but then after I saw that edythe shared this guest post written by this person, who also wrote this post...well, why the heck not?

Let SARAHSPY 'splain:

Plug your blog URL into Typealyzer.com for a Myers-Briggs-esque analysis of your website's writing style.

Easy enough. Here are the results for mrontemp.blogspot.com. Actually, first the disclaimer:

Note: writing style on a blog may have little or nothing to do with a person´s self-percieved personality.

Fair enough, especially for someone who often writes under a pseudonym. Actually, blogging is a form of editing, and therefore there are certain things that a blogger does present and does not present. Married bloggers, for example, usually do not blog about their love lives.

I seem to have digressed, so let's see the results of the mrontemp.blogspot.com analysis:

INTP - The Thinkers

The logical and analytical type. They are espescially attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.


And I also got a map of my brain.



So if you think that I'm an unfeeling, arrogant jerk, you have to realize that my "Ontario Emperor" pseudonym originated via a combination of geographic fervor and trademark protection (since, of course, I value musician rights). And isn't it ironic (don't you think) that the referenced band was in the state of Washington, a state that is definitely affecting my possible future employment prospects? I can only imagine...

Anyway, this Myers-Briggs stuff is obviously completely inaccurate.

(And no, I can't remember how I was classified when I was initially exposed to this theory during my MBA courses in the late 1980s.)

P.S. See how I'm building my brand back up?

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus