Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Tuesday Follow-Up - the answer to my question is "he'll feel the same"

This is the first of two posts that follow up on things that I wrote on Tuesday.

On Tuesday at 7:00 pm, I asked the question In July 2006, Joe McDonnell appreciated Don Martin's honesty. How will he feel tomorrow?.

The answer to the question is "Joe McDonnell felt the same way on October 1, 2008 that he felt on July 27, 2006."

A brief recap. Back on July 27, 2006, McDonnell wrote the following about KLAC and Don Martin:

All of which makes me thank God–literally–every morning that I’m working for a company–Clear Channel–and a PD–Don Martin–who have a clue. And I’d say it if they fired me tomorrow. They’ve been great to me and fair. But most importantly....they’ve been honest…something I rarely experienced at kspn under the three stooges...

Which brings us to Joe McDonnell's long-awaited post that came out on Wednesday. This is what he said:

IF YOU WERE EXPECTING.......

......ME TO BE BITTER, YOU'VE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE.


McDonnell goes on to say that his contract was expiring, and Don Martin and KLAC decided to go in a different direction.

I honestly don't feel any bitterness toward Clear Chaannel, Don Martin or Tony Bruno.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus