There was talk and gab today about a new FriendFeed feature, so I went to the FriendFeed blog to check it out.
We want to make it easier for you to share your FriendFeed activity on the web services you're already using. Now you can publish your FriendFeed updates directly to Twitter....
To enable this feature, go to your Account page and find the 'Post my FriendFeed entries on Twitter' checkbox under the Feed publishing section. Checking this box will reveal more options. You can publish all your public entries, all your public comments, or both. You can also choose to publish entries from all your services or only share the entries from specific services you've selected.
As you can see from the picture below, I'm starting slow; only items from this blog will echo to Twitter.
So, if all goes well, this very post will be the first one to benefit from this. Here's what will supposedly happen:
- I will publish this post in Blogger.
- Eventually, this post will show up on my FriendFeed page http://friendfeed.com/ontarioemperor/.
- After that (presumably rather quickly), a tweet linking to this post will show up on my Twitter page http://twitter.com/oemperor/.
- After that (presumably rather quickly again), the tweet will also show up on my FriendFeed page. If all goes well, it will be grouped with the post itself as a related item.
- At that point, if I'm feeling like a real jerk, I'll also share the post via Google Reader Shared items, StumbleUpon, a native FriendFeed link, etc. (Seriously, while I occasionally share multiple posts that way, I don't make a habit of it.)
[UPDATE: Once the FriendFeed post becomes a Twitter tweet, the resulting Twitter tweet does NOT come back to FriendFeed. This is a good thing.] Sphere: Related Content