Thursday, July 10, 2008

Most popular mrontemp stories for the first six months of 2008

In the course of my Empoprise-IE Inland Empire blog research, I ran across a Matt Munson post in which he identified some of his "best" pieces from the last two years of inlandutopia.com.

This has led me to seek and identify the most popular posts in the mrontemp blog from January 1, 2008 through June 30, 2008.

Note that "most popular" and "best" are not synonymous. But then again, what I think of as my "best" post may not be what you think of as my "best" post, so "most popular" is as good a yardstick as any.

By far, the most popular post on this blog during that period, with over 3,000 pageviews (for this blog, that's good) is my post on Pat Lampard. Inasmuch as Frank Lampard may be on his way to Italy, leaving the So-So One to join the Special One, there's a chance that this post might garner a small bit of renewed interest.

The second and third most popular posts were two posts on the Gertrude Neumark Rothschild action, the first of which got some Engadget love. Incidentally, I haven't said much about Rothschild lately because my employer is one of the targets of the action. But then again, her lawyers moved against so many companies that all of us may have to recuse ourselves.

I'm not necessarily proud of the fourth most popular article, which was actually written in 2007. And no, it wasn't popular because of the mention of Jonathan Lee Riches. That magical combination of the name "Donna Douglas" with a word that rhymes with "rude" resulted in that huge spike of blog activity. (Even as late as June 25, the story got 5 pageviews. On January 1 it got 38; must have been a bunch of horny '60s sitcom fans on New Years' Day.)

So those are the four posts in this blog that received more than 1,000 pageviews during the first six months of 2008.

And because I like the number 250, I'll note the 250th most popular post also, on the Darwin Information Typing Architecture.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus