Monday, April 14, 2008

Music Man, the First Time Around

I'm currently preparing for a performance of "Music Man," and if you search mrontemp you should be able to find all of my Music Man-related posts.

But this isn't the first time that I've performed in "Music Man." CTE did the same play in Claremont back in the fall of 2005.

So, just to catch my newer readers up, here are some links to my "Music Man" posts from the first time I performed in the play.

Comitment to Excelence - Or, How to Over-Analyze a Theatrical Role

As you can see, I was writing high qualtiy posts even in 2005. This entire post (and a following one) were all derived from a single line in Act 1, Scene 9 of the play.

From the State of Exhaustion, But Still Able to Appreciate Misteaks

As I've mentioned previously, we prepare for these plays by holding a dozen-plus one-hour rehearsald, followed by 3-4 six-hour rehearals, followed by between 3 and 5 performances. This post was written after the first performance. Oh, and by the way, I still haven't seen the movie. Maybe someday.

On Hats

For those not familiar with the story, Mayor Shinn is the enemy of newcomer Harold Hill, primarily because Hill completely disrupts his town and the sense of order that prevailed there previously. During rehearsals last night, I was reminded that Harold Hill also wears a hat. I don't have my hat yet, so I haven't been able to compare hat sizes yet. Incidentally, this post contains a link to one of my other theatre posts, my Phillies Blunt post. Keep that in mind; I may be referring to that post in another context (warning: a puppet is involved).

A "Music Man" picture

This post includes...um...a "music man" picture.

Baby Seal Club Foot (So Here's To You, Mister Robertson)

Although this post was written well after the performance, and touches on other issues such as Richard "Cheech" Marin and Oba Saint Stanley Tookie Williams, it does illustrate the difference between marching in a marching band, and marching in a marching band on stage. Although I doubt that Christopher Robertson would believe me if I told him I was a drum major in the 1970s.

But that was then...this is now. See item 8 in my infamous "eight things" post for additional perspective. But for this production, I pursued a different role, but didn't get it.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus