Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ulrich Schnauss - a calming haven

I had to know.

In my previous post, I have embedded three of my favorite Super Bowl commercials (courtesy MySpace).

When I saw the GMC Yukon Hybrid ad, this is what I tweeted:

@superbowlads #* yukon gmc good music, emphasized strength theme. 4 stars.

Later, I tweeted this:

i believe good commercial should emphasize product, which is why i liked gmc boulder ad. suggests strength of truck.

But in truth, the part that blew me away was the music, and the way that it integrated with the animation, then with the truck, then with the messages. (The fact that the messages at the end were in the style of Oracle messages probably resonated with me also.) [LATER: JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.]

But, now that the Super Bowl is ended, I really wanted to know more about the song. As did others:

[---Xaldin---] Sunday, February 03, 2008 7:22 PM
whats the name of that song

BC Engineering O==========C Sunday, February 03, 2008 7:49 PM
Whats the name of the song and made it. I love that type of music, It's mind elevating.

CorE The Grasshopper (what happened to Myspace?) Sunday, February 03, 2008 7:59 PM
What is the name of that song?!!!


Other MySpace users had the answer:

Nick Sunday, February 03, 2008 7:58 PM
I was blown away when I first heard the song playing. I knew I'd heard it before, and eventually it hit me. Ulrich Schnauss - Bluemenwise Neben Autobahn From the Album - Far Away Trains Passing By

bryan Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:04 PM
The song is by Ulrich Schnauss.... Blumenwiese Neben Autobahn.... took me all night to figure it out!


The song can be found at last.fm, Rhapsody, and Yahoo, and there is a forum at di.fm. NPR has played it also.

Schnauss' website is on...MySpace. Rupert Murdoch must be loving this synergy.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: