Thursday, February 21, 2008

How to create wonderful personalized messages

I just received an email that began as follows (the name of my employer has been changed, and I have also removed the name of the soliciting company):

I recently invited you to a complimentary luncheon seminar to learn best practices and industry leading tools for "MegaCorp"'s events, surveys, and marketing campaigns. The luncheon is hosted by ACompany, the leading provider of online software tools for event registration and online surveys.

And yes, the name of my employer appeared in quotes in the original email. Highly personalized, no?

In addition, they made another mistake. I am not employed in MegaCorp's headquarters, but in a southern California branch office. This didn't seem to faze ACompany, which invited me to several luncheon events, all out of state.

Don't think that MegaCorp will fly me out of state to attend a luncheon.

Needless to say, I asked to be removed from this mailing list.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: