Friday, January 11, 2008

The Paddy O'Furniture of the Twenty-First Century?

I am proud of myself and my nearly unique view on the cyclical nature of technical online communications.

Almost 30 years ago, I was around when people were decrying how Usenet, a forum for technical information, had become bombarded with Paddy O'furniture jokes.

Now, I am around when one person is decrying how OraNA, a forum for technical information, has become bombarded with "8 Things" posts.

But unlike the old days, Sigue Sigue Sputnik has been cited.

Stay tuned for a followup post.

Or check my tweets.

Or follow the links in Eddie Awad's http://awads.net/wp/ "spam" post if you want to know what's going on, bearing in mind that Jake Kuramoto issued his "8 Things" post after seeing my "8 Things" post. (So Howard Rogers, even though the mrontemp blog is not aggregated by OraNA, I guess you can blame me. Or John Weeks.)

For now, I'm going back to bed.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: