Saturday, October 6, 2007

A French-language look at Marion Jones' teammates

I'm not the only one who is musing upon the effect of Marion Jones' cheating on her relay partners.

I found this post on Hotimyr. It begins as follows:

Donc, le secret de Marion Jones était donc bien partiellement dans la chimie. Sympa pour les 3 copines des relais médaillées d'or (4x400: Chryste Gaines, Torri Edwards & Nanceen Perry) et les 3 copines médaillées de bronze (4x100: Jearl Miles-Clark, Monique Hennagan & LaTasha Colander) au relais des JO de Sydney (qui risquent bien de perdre leur médaille elles aussi)

If I'm understanding the Babelfish translation correctly, the blogger expresses sympathy for the other relay team members, should they lose their medals.

[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

RoaldAckland said...

I'm Hotimyr, the french guy who published about Marion Jones and I can confirm you that I'm shocked by Marion Jones's attitude, I'm shocked that her teammates for 4x100 & 4x400 would be sacked just because of Marion Jones attitude.

What really scandalizes me (as I say it next in my post) is the odious behaviour of Marion Jones against journalists mocking them, saying they were a real bore with their false suggestions about dopping as Marion Jones knew they were right. She had been extreme in lying and knowing she was, that can't be forgiven, above all in the world of sports and even more, in the world of olympics!!!

As I said at the end of my message, which image do we feel like keeping from Marion Jones ? The brillant athlete thanks to doping or the destroyed woman outside the tribunal, destroyed because of remorse ?