Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Urkel, it's time for your comeback

Back when I was in college, one of my classmates was studying chaos theory, which as near as I could figure out meant that the wing flutter of a butterfly in Oregon could potentially contribute to typhoons in Malaysia.

I don't know if Alexei knows more about chaos theory than I do, but it's a possibility:

Months ago, I warned that CBS firing Don Imus over racially insensitive comments would produce a butterfly effect which would ripple through black comedy…ultimately killing it.

You can find Alexei's original warning here.

His thesis is getting legs. While I refuse to directly link to anything associated with Harvey Levin, I have to admit that it was TMZ that broke the story:

Eddie Griffin thought he’d shock the swells at a big Black Enterprise event over the weekend by littering his act with N-words, but the comic was the one who got the real jolt when the mag’s owner gonged his routine, and tossed him off the stage!

It has been pointed out (I think Bill Handel said this, but I could be mistaken) that there is a difference between what Eddie Griffin did and what Richard Pryor did. However, I don't know if that would make any difference. If someone had a valid reason to use the word (e.g. John Lennon's song title "Woman is the Nigger of the World"), I don't think it would matter to some of these people.

I guess Black Enterprise will have to invite Jerry Lewis to its next big event. Or perhaps, if they want something safe, they can get Jaleel White to reprise his most famous character.



[mrontemp business] | [mrontemp politics] | [mrontemp technology] | [mrontemp del.icio.us tags]

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: