Monday, July 2, 2007

Don't Tell the Military...or Contract Workers (yes, Michael, another "15 minutes" entry)

Back when I was writing about GPS Coke cans, I was also writing about one Michael Hanscom, a Seattle blogger who is known for a variety of things, but is infamous for getting fired after posting Microsoft loading dock pictures on his blog.

I thought about Hanscom's predicament when I read about how camera phones continue to integrate themselves with the 'Net. It becomes easier and easier to share unauthorized information, as I discovered today while reading this Snapfish page:

Tired of carrying around wrinkled, torn images of your family and friends in your wallet? With Snapfish Photos, you can have instant access to all of your online Snapfish photos, right from your phone. In addition, you can...[s]hare photos with friends and family around the world -- right from your phone!

Specifically, if you take a picture on your smartphone, you can upload it to Snapfish and then share it with the world.

I went ahead and set up my Snapfish account to support this, but the only need that I see would be to share pictures from department lunches. I'm sure that other people have different ideas on how to use the service.

snapfish

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: