Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell Sermon - The Message

On May 6, 2007, after dispensing with an Osama bin Laden joke, Jerry Falwell continued his sermon at Thomas Road Baptist Church. His message was on BEHAVIORAL INSTRUCTIONS DURING YOUR TEMPESTUOUS STORM. Here's an excerpt:

How shall I behave in the midst of my storms. I recently re-read Bob Moeller’s book on survival tactics and found several excellent road maps on how to behave in your storms. Allow me to combine some of Moeller’s suggestions along with my own....

God's servant must see nothing but the goal line, accept nothing but victory, be willing to pay any price, suffer any hurt and hardship, and refuse to be discouraged or disheartened.

I Corinthians 16:9, “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”...

Don’t be telling God how big your mountains are. Rather tell the mountains how big your God is....

Focus on other's needs and invest in others who are hurting more than you.

Luke 6:38 "Give and it shall be given unto you"....

I must never forget that God is in absolute control of me and my situation.

Romans 8:28. God is sovereign Feelings of powerlessness can lead to despair. But, remember that an all-powerful God loves you and will never forsake you. Give your problems to Him, over and over again, and gain His peace over the situations that trouble your soul....

I must be attentive to my teachers.

Isaiah 30:20-21, “And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: 21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”


jerryfalwell

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: