Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Marty Robertson Washington Mutual Update - The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Greece

To cut to the chase, those searching for "Jason SPH Team 63" should read the following, excerpted from material which Marty Robertson added to his blog on March 11. (If you don't know who Marty Robertson is, or why he's thinking about Jason SPH Team 63, read this...and this, and this, and this, and all the other stuff here and here.)

It’s been a little more than a week since Rich recorded that conversation with the Washington Mutual representative. I waited a couple of days before I wrote the article. I was too angry and stressed out about how we were going to settle the fraudulent charges to our cards and just pay for day-to-day life here while working. I posted the article and felt quite relieved to get it off my chest. I had no idea what would happen next....

At 4:00 am Saturday morning I was awakened by a phone call from a Washington Mutual executive named Rosie. She apologized for the service I received saying that it was totally inappropriate and said that she would personally be working on my case with the fraud department....She also sent me the following email:

"Dear Mr. Robertson, I am truly disappointed to learn of the level of service that you received. I am an employee of Washington Mutual Bank and work for the Executive Offices. I would like the opportunity to contact you and assist you with the resolution. My email address is … Is there a telephone number that I may call to reach you directly?"...

I received the call from Rosie at four in the morning here in Athens. I’m not sure where Rosie was calling from, but even if her office was on the west coast that put her time at 6:00 pm. Someone was working after hours on a Friday on this. Maybe something will actually happen.

The fraudulent charges on the US Bank/REI Visa card have been totally reversed and taken off of my account. My wife’s WaMu consumer MasterCard has had all but $.29 of the fraudulent charges reversed and taken off the account. I’m not sure why the $.29 remains; heck, I’m just glad that it’s taken care of. I hope to see new cards in about a week and a half. Now we’re just waiting to hear from Rosie about what will happen with this final WaMu account. Hopefully there will be more good news soon.


Robertson has also been forced to conclude that the squeaky wheel gets the grease (the squeaky wheel saves you in Greece???). Let's see how this goes.

I'll grant that Marty may not feel like laughing - yet - but the twenty nine cents issue is wonderfully humorous. You figure that banks get these things down to the penny, but someone somewhere is twenty nine cents off. Anyone got twenty nine cents (about 0.22 Euros) for Marty?

[22 MAR 2007 - MORE ONTARIO EMPEROR MRONTEMP POSTS ON MARTY ROBERTSON HERE.]

martyrobertson

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: