Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another in the "I am not trendy" series

Too bad I didn't see this Dateline Hollywood piece a year ago, when it was relevant.

In a stunning turn of events, Fox News host Greta Van Susteren has gone missing on her 291st day of coverage of missing teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba. The news was broken on television news blog CableNewser as Fox News has failed to cover her disappearance, simply replacing her with correspondent E.D. Hill. Critics have alleged that Fox News isn’t covering its own missing host because she isn’t young and pretty enough to generate ratings, but network executives claim her disappearance ’simply isn’t newsworthy.’...

‘It’s outrageous that the media are ignoring the tragic disappearance of my wife in favor of younger, more telegenic victims,’ said Van Susteren’s husband John Coale. ‘Thousands of Americans go missing every year and I’m saddened that journalists deem a few more important than the rest.’

Added Van Susteren’s mother Marcia: ‘I can only imagine what my Greta would say if she were around to see how irresponsible you journalists are being.’




The other night, after I asserted that Van Susteren's show was not news (I know that some of you think that NONE of Fox News' prime time lineup is news, but I digress), my (American) daughter came to her defense, noting that she was a lawyer and an expert on the topics covered.

Ah, the lack of wisdom of teenagers.

gretavansusteren

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: